Maybe I'm Crazy

The personal wonderings of a middle-class, middle-aged woman in middle America.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Oh yeah, I'm asking for trouble

Realizing that my emotional stability is a little shaky right now - I'm in the beginning throes of purchasing my first house. Can I double my medication now? But I've held back from purchasing a house for lo these many years because I always felt that I had to do it perfectly - you know, the perfect credit rating, lots of money in the bank, 30% down, etc., etc., one of my ephanies on the way out of the latest depression black hole is that I DON'T HAVE TO DO IT PERFECTLY!!! My usual modus operandi is to freeze with inaction if I can't succeed the very first time I try. I don't have to be perfect to purchase a house. I don't have to be perfect to have friends. I DON'T HAVE TO FUCKING PERFECT.

So the house is the perfect size, has everything I wanted (nice kitchen, garage, fireplace and a fenced yard) and is affordable. The only iffy thing is the neighborhood. I've never lived in that part of town and it does have a reputation that's not so stellar. If I could just take that house and move it to a neighborhood I know and am comfortable with - without having to pay more money.

Well, I'm sure I'll be ranting and raving about this home purchase in the next few weeks. And then the real reason I'm purchasing a house - I'M GOING TO GET A DOG!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home