Maybe I'm Crazy

The personal wonderings of a middle-class, middle-aged woman in middle America.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!

It's official. I'm old. Yep, I'm 50. You should realize that I don't feel 50. I don't look 50 (really). And I certainly don't act 50. I was able to pass my birthday with friends both from group and work. I got a bunch of people together at a sports bar to watch Ohio State win another game. That's the first time I've watched a football game at a sports bar. It was enjoyable to cheer on our unbeaten team along with others.

Overall, life has been pretty good for the last couple of weeks. I've accomplished a lot of what I've wanted to in cleaning up my credit report and my efforts to get financing to buy a house. I was getting very frustrated dealing with one credit collection company/law office. After dealing with the unprofessional staff in his office in trying to pay off my bill three separate times, I finally just went ahead and paid the original creditor the original amount, saving myself over $700. So there Mr. O'Brien, if you had professional staff you would have made some money.

In the yearly birthday look back/plan forward, I've decided to finish buying a house, keep paying my bills and lose weight. I've been reading Shut Up, Stop Whining and Get a Life by Larry Winget. He and my counselor should get together. But after 10 years of counseling, I'm finally in a position to hear it and now it's time to act. So here's what I'm going to do.

Make a budget and live within it.
eat less
move more

Three simple things -- let's see what happens...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home