Maybe I'm Crazy

The personal wonderings of a middle-class, middle-aged woman in middle America.

Name:
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Is there a way out of depression?

One day late for NABLAPOMO. Figures. Oh well, I'll do two today.

I attended a presentation at work a couple of weeks ago about dealing with stress that was put on by the company's EAP provider. One of her slides listed all the components of a major depression order. Even though I'm on medication and am in counseling (group & individual), every one of those issues is RIGHT THERE just waiting to pounce and knock me on my ass. This isn't coming out well, but I was was saddened by the presentation because it just confirmed what I've been thinking about for a few weeks - I'm still depressed, just covering it up better.

Example No. 1, I was late to work today for no better reason than I didn't want to get out of bed and get around. Just procastinated. It's been pointed out to me that this is passive/aggressive behavior. Maybe it is, but I've buried my true feelings so deep for so long that I can't even give you a reason why I'm passive/aggressive about work. I'll just have to keep delving into this conundrum to figure it out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would highly recommend checking out Flylady at www.flylady.net. She is amazing. From what I read on your blog, I bet you would really relate to her and her thinking!

Good luck! You can do it!!!

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home